Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Dawg House Depot -- Lynxville, Wi

My husband, Mike, is a pretty spontaneous guy. He gets extremely restless if he has to spend the weekend at home. So for Memorial day weekend he wanted to go somewhere. Except Mike didn't really know where. All he told me was "maybe north, maybe west". It didn't surprise me at all. His adventurousness is something I love about him.
Anyway, we ended up taking another one of our scenic drives. A long one this time. On Saturday we drove over to La Crosse then down Highway 35 along the Wisconsin side of the Missippi river. We stopped at a few touristy shops throughout the morning. Then we started looking for an appealing place to buy lunch.
In my opinion a crowd around a little food stand is usually always a sign of great food. So, when we saw a moderate sized line outside the the Dawg House Depot in Lynxville we didn't need any additional convincing to stop. Mike ordered two chilli cheese dogs with a side of fried white cheddar curds. I chose the catfish tacos and had a side of the deep fried curds as well. 
We ate on the back patio overlooking the Mississippi. The river air smelled invigorating and our food matched the laid back atmosphere. Mike quickly gobbled up his curds and one of his hotdogs. Meanwhile, I savored the freshness of my fish tacos. After eating we lingered for a few minutes to watch boats go bye and trains pass on the nearby tracks before climbing back in the car and continuing on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment