Monday, May 16, 2016

Muscoda Morel Mushroom Festival

Did you know that Muscoda is the Morel mushroom capital of Wisconsin?
In May, they host an annual festival to celebrate that fact. Mike and I go every year. It's a small festival but there are plenty of fun things to see and do around town. This year we spent the most time at the craft fair. They had all sorts of Morel inspired decorations and plenty of the usual craft fair items as well. Mike bought me a sweatshirt and a super cute pair of tiny morel earrings. I'll post a photo of them on my instagram later to show you.
This year, the weather was colder than usual. So we spent the most of the day indoors. What better way to keep warm than with a Morel mushroom and leek burger from the Sportsman's lounge (and a cocktail or two). The burger was so juicy and the morels on top were prepared perfectly . The french fries were battered just the way I like them too. Honestly, I can't think of a more perfect meal to eat at a Morel mushroom festival. Go next year and try one!

No comments:

Post a Comment