Friday, May 13, 2016

The Barbecue Company

You know that restaurant you always drive by and want to try but you never actually stop there?
I drive by a lot of them but now I can actually cross one of them off my list.
Today, in between foraging for morel mushrooms, we stopped at the Barbecue company in Hartford, Wi. I've driven by it ever since it was a little roadside tent. But, like a hundred other places, I never remember to go there when I'm making dinner plans.
Today I tried the smokey pulled pork and bleu cheese cole slaw wrap. The meat itself was melt in your mouth delicious and the bleu cheese cole slaw stands apart from any other slaw I've had lately. In a good way, of course. Mac and cheese was my side and it was pretty good too but a little spicy.  I probably wouldn't get it again but that's just my personal preference (I like my mac mild).
We will definitely be stopping back in the future for a rack of ribs or to try the brisket sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment