Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Almond shortbread cookie update

Today I made Almond shortbread cookies using regular wheat flour instead of almond flour. I halved my original recipe and made a smaller batch. Resulting in cookies that  weren't gluten free, but were slightly more delicious. I also skipped the dough log/ refrigerator slice method and chose to press the dough into the pan instead. It took way less time and didn't create a mess. The  cookies turned out perfectly!  Don't they look delicious?

Here's the recipe:

1 stick room temperature butter
1 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract  (or almond if you have it)
1/4 cup sugar

First I preheated the oven to 350F. Then I mixed the sugar, butter, and vanilla. Next I added in the nuts. Followed by the flour. It didn't take long to mix. Don't worry if the dough seems crumbly. The cookies stay together nicely after the dough is pressed into a pan and baked. Take them out of the oven at the first hint of golden edges. Shortbread is supposed to look light colored, not golden brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment