Monday, October 5, 2015

Boulangerie du Monde - Cedarburg, WI

Last Friday, I spent a relaxing day in Cedarburg with my sister, Rachelle. We started by grabbing breakfast from Boulangerie du Monde. I picked out a spinach feta croissant for Layla and a gibassier for myself. Rachelle selected a variety of french macarons to try.
The spinach feta croissant was so buttery and flakey. The spinach feta filling was well balanced and there was just enough of it to satisfy. In contrast, the gibassier had a sweet, anise-orange flavor. It made me wish I had a mug of hot coffee to go with it.
The macarons, on the other hand, tasted less than magnificent. They were a complete let down, in fact. For starters, they were much smaller (almost mini) than any macarons I've ever seen before. Which made the price, $1.50 each, seem a little steep for their adorable size. But the price would have been worth it had they actually tasted good. Truthfully, I've had fresher tasting macarons from boxes they sell in the frozen foods aisle. We will think twice before buying macarons here again but I'll definitely go back to get more croissants and gibassiers, and to try other new goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment