Monday, June 15, 2015

Fitbit Flex Causes Wrist Pain

I received a fitbit flex last christmas and have worn it every day since then. More recently, I've experienced frequent wrist pain, similar to that of carpal tunnel,  seemingly out of nowhere. At first I thought the pain was just because I was getting older or doing to many repetitive hand motions. Then I came up with a new theory. That the pain was caused by wearing my fit bit too long. I undid my band immediately,  and the pain vanished instantly.  After that, I Googled it. Sure enough, internet research showed I'm not the only in the internet universe to experience this fitbit induced "faux" carpal tunnel.
It was terrible, like an addict. I couldn't part with my fitbit despite knowing I should for health reasons. I just love its ability to track my sleep and excersise so much. But, In the end, I had to compromise. For the last few nights I've sacrificed knowing how well I actually slept by taking the band off at night. The result?  My wrist has been predictably pain free.
Have you ever  experienced a similar problem with wearing your fitbit?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I have had mine for over 1.5 years and cannot stand the pain now in my left wrist when it is on. When I take it off the pain stops within hours. The pain is REALLY awful...So sad as I love it but now scared to wear it.

    ReplyDelete