Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad

Growing up, we would have iced cream every night for dessert. My dad would get out a gallon pail of plain, economical, vanilla and we would slather it with peanut butter, honey, or malt powder.   He always said that there is room for ice cream after dinner because it "filled in all the cracks".
So naturally,  the family celebrated his birthday by taking him out for ice cream. We met at my favorite local parlor.  I ordered  salted caramel,  pistachio almond,  and sweet cream. All stacked nicely inside a chocolate waffle cone. Their salted caramel is one of my all time favorites. If they have it available I have to get it. The same with their sweet cream,  but only if its the first scoop on the cone. So I can savor its simple flavor before the other more colorful scoops.  What's your favorite flavor?
P.s. If you weren't already hungry, here's a picture of my cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment