Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Wasted Weekend


Am I the only one that thought today was Monday until a moment ago? Mike worked Saturday,  which made it feel like a Friday. Then I was miserably sick Sunday and Monday. So, instead of spending outdoors with the family, I spent lots of time in bed watching the History channel because I couldn't reach the remote. And by the way, the History channel should probably be renamed the "Paranoia" channel. It is definitely not the warm and fuzzy, pick me up that I needed while I was sick. Why wasn't Animal planet's "Too Cute" on when I needed it!? "Too Cute" has to be the most Therapeutic show on television. Wouldn't you agree?
So that was just the start of my sub-par weekend. To top all the sucky-ness off, one of my sugar gliders died. A sugar glider looks like a cute little flying squirrel except they are nocturnal marsupials. They're super sweet. Last week I rescued one named Stitch (like Lilo and Stitch) from a friend and had hoped I could rehabilitate it enough that it would be a good buddy for Shugs, the one Mike and I have had for a couple years. In the end it was sicker than anyone had imagined because it passed away last night. I cried despite only having it a week. Mike and Layla buried it in a pretty spot down by the river.
The only thing good about my weekend is I received my first Ipsy Glam bag in the mail yesterday. I actually thought I had canceled my subscription last month because I signed up at the end of December and never ever received a bag. Luckily I didn't because I was pleasantly surprised with what was in my bag. Sure alot of my bag was similar to items I already had like the shimmery neutral eye shadow and  versatile pink lipstick but overall it seemed alot more colorful than birchbox. The sizes were bigger however, Plus I love the bag itself. I'm picky about floral prints but this blue floral bag was perfect. Not sure how I'm gonna use it yet though.
So that sums up my weekend. Was yours better than mine was?

No comments:

Post a Comment