Monday, June 27, 2016

Cedarburg Strawberry Festival

The whole family went to the Strawberry festival in Cedarburg on Saturday. It was our first time going. Mike was in the hospital last week because of his Crohns. So he just wanted to take a relaxing drive along Lake Michigan this weekend. The Strawberry Festival just happened to be on the way.
We didn't eat much while we were there. Partly because it was so hot, but mostly because Mike is on a liquid diet and I feel a little guilty enjoying great food while he is starving. We did try some great drinks though. My favorite was this Almond tea from From Scratch catering. At first, I was unsure how almond extract would taste in tea. Then I overhead a woman nearby exclaiming how good they are. So I got one for myself asap. It was so refreshing! The balance of almond flavor and fruity tea was the perfect thing to keep me hydrated while walking through the crowds.
Did you go to the Cedarburg Strawberry festival this year? What was the best thing you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment