Saturday, August 15, 2015

Trader Joe's Macarons

Today we went to the Milwaukee County Zoo. On the way home we stopped to check out  Trader Joe's in Brookfield. Apparently Mike and I were both feeling french because among the handfull of items we bought were french macarons, french onion soup,  and french salted caramel butter cookies.
I haven't tried anything besides the macarons yet but I can tell you that I'm hooked on them already!
Eating macarons has been on my bucket list for years and today I finally had the opportunity to try them!  Who knows, maybe this was the closest I will ever get to trying a freshly made macaron france.
The package I bought contained salted caramel,  pistachio,  fig, apricot, coconut and lemon. It's probably a good thing that there was only two of each flavor,  otherwise I would have eaten way more! There are only two left as it is. My favorite flavors were salted caramel and pistachio. Followed by lemon or fig. But they all lived up to my delicious expectations. Have you ever had a macaron?  What flavor do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment